Warning: You should never clean your barbecue with a wire brush. It could kill you.
Doctors found a bristle lodged in this boy's throat, and it could have killed him. Now authorities are warning people not to clean their barbecues with a wire bristle brush.
He only took one bite of his burger, but it was enough to cause serious damage. He had to go through 12 hours of surgery before doctors were finally able to find the bristle which had given him a bacterial infection.
Finding a tiny bristle in someone's internal organs is incredibly hard, and one doctor says it's "like finding a needle in a haystack." That means that once it's inside, it's incredibly hard to get out...
Doctors say that because it's so hard to remove the bristles once their inside people's bodies, the best way forward is preventing them from ever ingesting the bristles in the first place. That means using different cleaning methods.
Instead of using a wire bristle brush, consider these alternatives: Use a wooden brush, balled up aluminum foil, or half an onion dipped in olive oil.