PAHA is your best source of fun.

Personalise

Section Heading

Woman Discovers Toxic Gel She Had Injected To Enlarge Her Bust Has Leaked Into Her Stomach, Giving Her Breasts On Her WAIST

Woman Discovers Toxic Gel She Had Injected To Enlarge Her Bust Has Leaked Into Her Stomach, Giving Her Breasts On Her WAIST

An unnamed Chinese woman who noticed two large lumps growing on her stomach was shocked to discover they were actually her “breasts”.

The middle-aged woman was hospitalized after doctors discovered that a toxic hydrogel, known as Amazing Gel, previously injected into her breasts was pooling in her abdomen.


Shanghaiist

The woman had the semi-permanent cosmetic filler, now linked to severe and long-lasting health complications, injected into her chest years earlier as part of breast augmentation surgery.

Studies have documented how, in some patients, injections of Amazing Gel have “pooled” in the stoamch, armpits, and even the patient’s back.


Shanghaiist

Amazing Gel was developed in the 1980s as an easy way to alter or enlarge breasts and, as it was so cheap, became a common substance in plastic surgery in China.

“The majority of women receiving this operation have local symptoms and adverse effects,” said a 2012 study.

In this case, doctors made an incision in the woman’s stomach to remove the lumps, which drained out as a yellow gel.


Shanghaiist

Doctors have warned that Amazing Gel can cause women to lose their breasts or even develop cancer, although the substance is not yet banned in China.

It is understood that the woman made a full recovery. So if that doesn’t put you off dodgy plastic surgery, we’re not sure what will…


Shanghaiist

Section Heading

Close